Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Trapped

Patty was watching PBS earlier tonight. On it, there was a winter advisory notice.

I heard her say, "Janice, come here," as I was working out an overdraft on my Wachovia account. I went in, and I found Patty sitting there with her jaw dropped open in wonder.

"I've never seen this before!" she exclaimed.

Maybe it's because she was on PBS, maybe it's just a crazy storm out there, but either way, it means that I'm trapped here in Rawlins for the night. Not that I need to go anywhere, so it's completely fine, but if I sit back and think about it, I realize just how ridiculous it is to live here.

The other night, I was at a lecture at the local community college. Senator Bill Vasey was speaking on the history of local politics, and he said that a prior Governor Campbell said something along the lines of, "this state is so rich in minerals, it's like a gold mine. But no one is crazy enough to settle in such a harsh climate!"

Well, here you have it. Here I am!

No comments:

Jan Kurbjun

A restless soul. A free spirit. An optimist. A thinker. Passionate. Fun-loving... :D